Datum / Zeit
04. 08. 2018 - 12. 08. 2018
Western Mysteries and their respresentitives in history, place and time.
A good week (9 days) of journey from Scotland (Mull), via the Island of Arran, along the west coast of Wales and England to Tintagel in Cornwall. Language: English.
With Loan Miege, Dirk Kruse, Renatus Derbidge
Limited to 16 participants
Themes are: visiting and observing megalthic artefacts prehistoric art, stone cirvcles, cairns, menhirs) and sensing their culture and social impulse (back then and for today); the Druidic culture and their mission; Celtic Christianity (the iro-scotisch monastic impulse, Columban and others); the roots of the „renewing of the Mysteries“ by Rudolf Steiner as an impulse of reintegrating the Western Mystery stream into the Anthroposophical movement; The meanig of the meeting of D.N. Dunlop and R. Steiner; Ita Wegmans impact in 1923 (Penmenmawr) for the Christmas Conference 1923/24 in Dornach (founding of the anthroposopical society); Dunlops „Summer School“ impulse as a „new inauguration of a new stream withing the anthroposophical one“ that Steiner celebratd as something important for the future; King Arthurs round table (pre and post christian) as a historic model of social life and Steiners „reverse cult“ and „Saturn path“.
- Kilmartin (cup and ring marks)
- Arran (the island where Dunlops grew up); impressive stone circles and standing stones
- A early (iro scottish) cristian centre at Whithorn a Cairn at Creetown.
- The picture perfect Castlerigg stone circle in the beautiful laske district
- Penmeanmawr (place of the summer school 1923), agglomeration of stone circles.
- Glastonbury (the famous church, its good and decadent)
- Tintagle (where Steiner experienced and spoke about how the druidic culture (King Arthurs people) where looking at the sea, the light and the play of the elements and received (perceived) their mission from that. At the same time this was a social event. 12 needed to work together. This archetype of western spiritual way of life will be the climax of the tour (in nature oberservation, soul observation, seminaristic talk about it and as a harvest of the whole travelling week.
We will be housing in Youth Hostels (in shared rooms, we will have most of the (small) Youth Hostels (Penmenmawr, Tintagel) as „private use“ just for ourselves.
Fees and prices:
- Tuition and organisation fee: € 300
- privat cars (rental cars including fuel): approximately €200 (if 4 people share one car)
- Accomodation: approximately €250
- Food (we will cook ourselves in the self catering kitchens of the YH`s or eat in pubs): approximately €150
- Entrence fees and ferry costs: about €50
The fee of the travel week and the accomodation needs to be payed in advance. (75% refunds possible untill 4 weeks prior to the beginning of the trip, no refunds later then 1st of July 2018). Other costs need to be paid individually by the participants. Car rental, driving and sharing the costs need to be arranged and solidarily sorted out among the car groups.
If you have any questions, please contact us.